Most homeowners tend to avoid having hardwood flooring installed in their homes due to budget limitations. Instead, they end up getting carpet or linoleum - the more inexpensive options. However, the benefits of wood flooring make up for its cost. Ultimately, you'll be able to save more time and energy wood flooring. Here are some of the benefits of hardwood flooring to consider.
- Hardwood flooring is a high-quality, durable material. It lasts for many years with relatively little maintenance, and you won't have to restore it for many years. Linoleum flooring will need regular replacement since it's more susceptible to damage due to everyday wear at tear. Carpets also get worn down fairly easily and is more susceptible to staining. At first, carpets and linoleum might seem like the better deal since they’re cheaper, but maintenance and replacement will end up costing you quite a bit in the long run.
- Cleaning wood flooring is significantly easier than cleaning carpeting. Sweeping or light vacuuming is enough to keep it in good shape. If you have pets or kids running in and out of the house, damp mopping is the most you'd have to do for wood flooring. Carpets, though, are a completely different story. Cleaning and maintenance can be quite expensive.
- When it comes to hygiene, wood flooring is much better than carpeting, especially if you have pets inside the house. Carpets are known to capture fleas and dust mites. They also trap dust and various allergens. If you have family members who suffer from allergies, you should definitely consider ditching carpeting and going with hardwood flooring. Not only will this save you money, it will also make your home a more healthy environment.
- Wood flooring makes your home so much more welcoming. Carpets, on the other hand, tend to retain odors caused by spills or pet accidents. Obviously, this can be resolved by calling carpet cleaners, but it will be costly in the long run.
- Wood helps give your home a more warm feel and looks nicer.
- Of course, like all materials, wood flooring will also wear down and accumulate scratches over time. But even so, the restoration process required (sanding, sealing, and refinishing) is much cheaper than buying a completely new carpet.
- The natural beauty of hardwood flooring never goes out of style. Linoleum and carpet patterns lose popularity over time, but wood possesses a timeless appeal. It also adds a warm and cozy feeling to your home.
Moreover, in the even that you sell your home, wood flooring is more appealing to homebuyers. According to real estate agents, homes with wood flooring sell twice as quickly. If you're interested in having wood flooring installed in your home, call Nadine Floor Company!