How Durable Is Laminate Wood Flooring?
You may say, laminate doesn’t justify the look, feel, and beauty of real wood. But, it does offer several advantages over the other options. With time and technological advancements, a host of innovations have been introduced to improve the performance of laminate flooring. But, as the product differs significantly from other options, so does its durability. To know what makes for this difference, we first need to understand the basics of laminate flooring in Texas. So…
What Is Laminate Flooring?
Flooring is something that adds to the appeal and value of your home’s interiors. Where solid wood has been in use since ages, laminate wood flooring has its own charm. It looks like a new flooring type, however, the option prevails since the 1980s.
But what exactly is laminate flooring all about?
It’s a sturdy and durable synthetic product that’s easy to maintain, pet-proof, and has a click together (no-glue, no-nail) installation. A digitally printed layer is sandwiched under the resin top layer and an HD flip board core. Because of its man-made composition, laminate is less susceptible to environmental or other kinds of damage.
With varying thicknesses, widths, and lengths, laminate is an exceptional choice for homes that want the look and feel of real wood or tile with something that also delivers excellent value. Unlike solid wood or concrete, laminate may not last a lifetime, but it’s no less.
What Are the Advantages of Laminate Flooring?
What sets laminate apart from the rest of the flooring options are these fantastic features:
- Laminate offers an unlimited assortment of colors and patterns so you can pick the one that matches your style and space.
- Since acclimatization isn’t required, the installation process is much simpler.
- You also have the freedom of design customization since it uses photographic images printed on HD decor paper attached to medium-density fiberboard.
- It’s resistant to scratches, abrasions, jolts, and pressure, which makes it suitable even for areas with heavy traffic.
- Thanks to the ingredients and technology that laminate employs, it doesn’t hold much dirt, debris, hair, or pet dander.
- The material is resistant to heat, making it an appropriate choice for underfloor heating systems.
- Laminate is fade-proof, i.e., resistant to even the harmful ultraviolet rays emitted from the sun.
- What makes laminate the choicest option is its life span, which is over three decades with proper upkeep.
- Maintenance is no difficult – usually, a quick vacuum or wiping it off with a damp cloth is sufficient to keep the floor squeaky clean. No special cleaners required!
- Since it produces less noise, it can also be used for places where soundproofing is necessary.
- It can also be installed on an existing surface that’s appropriately leveled.
- Since laminate isn’t wood, it doesn’t warp in the presence of moisture.
- It does not malfunction so easily, but if it does, the repair or replacement is easy.
- High-quality laminate is free from hazardous chemicals and makes an excellent choice even for kids’ rooms.
- Not to miss, laminate flooring is also an affordable option.
The features may vary, but a high-quality laminate and professional installation are what you must go for!
Finally, How Durable is Laminate Flooring?
Durability is a crucial factor when it comes to flooring options. The floor must hold years of wear and tear; otherwise, renovation costs keep adding up. Concrete and wood may undoubtedly be more durable options, but laminate too does a great job.
Being a versatile flooring option, it’s a lot stronger, scratch-resistant, impervious to dents, and highly durable. A sturdy external resin coating makes laminate wood flooring ideal for spaces that may even have pets, kids, or heavy traffic. It’s perfect for residential as well as light commercial use since it’s made of pressed wood.
The life expectancy of this flooring usually depends on factors such as the brand of the laminate, type of installation, wear and tear, resistance, maintenance, and more. So, where on the one hand, laminate wood flooring may last as long as 30 years with proper maintenance and light use, it may require replacement every 10-15 years, if there’s heavy traffic.
Is Laminate Apt for You?
If you’re on a budget, laminate is inexpensive and very much comfortable. It may not carry that prestige, but it’s undoubtedly attractive, functional, and as good as stone tiles or hardwood.
Modern generation laminates are ideal and safe for kids’ rooms, kitchen, dining, living room, conservatory, hallway, or basements except for areas that tend to remain moist or wet like the laundry room or bathroom.
Want It For Yourself? Speak to a Professional!
Laminate wood flooring is a cost-effective solution for a variety of spaces. If you’d want to get it installed for your property, but still aren’t sure, we’re here to sort your queries. At Nadine Floor Company, we specialize in providing the best possible solutions for all your flooring needs in and around Texas. So, get in touch with our Plano flooring experts to help you find the right laminate option. Call us at (469) 666-4531, and we’ll be happy to assist!
"OUR ONLY MISSION AS A COMPANY, IS TO PROVIDE THE HIGHEST LEVEL OF CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE."
Call East Plano (469) 666-4531, West Plano (469) 666-4530, or Frisco (469) 666-4532 and get the latest flooring designs from the best flooring company.
WEST PLANO LOCATION
Nadine Floor Company
2300 Coit Rd Suite 200
Plano, Texas 75075
EAST PLANO LOCATION
Nadine Floor Company
1105 E Parker Rd Suite 132
Plano, Texas 75074
Nadine Floor Company
2930 Preston Rd Suite 860
Frisco, Texas 75034